SHHS Guidance Department
SHHS Guidance and Counseling Staff - 610-892-3470 (Extensions listed below)
Delaware County Community College - Dual Enrollment Pilot Program - CHECK THIS OUT!!!!
DCCC is pleased to announce a special opportunity for high school juniors and seniors. Students may enroll in college classes at DCCC while completing their high school curriculum. Eligible juniors may take up to 9 credits, and seniors may take up to 12 credits at the amazing reduced rates of $50 per credit (with fees included) for a sponsoring school district, and $100 per credit (with fees included) for a non-sponsoring district. The $25 application fee is also waived. For more information call 610-359-5333 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the website as well - www.dccc.edu/highschool
2016-17 Common Application Essay Prompts
The essay prompts are as follows:
- Some students have a background, identity, interest or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
ATTENTION CLASS OF 2017!! - Are you confused about the college application process?
https://vimeo.com/73384070 Seniors and Parents of the Class of 2017
- this link is a very informative video concerning linking the Common App and Naviance!
Look for scholarship and summer opportunities information on the SHHS guidance page. Information is always being added and updated - please be aware of scholarship/summer application deadlines!
Remember to click on the SAT-ACT-AP Information link on this webpage for a multitude of test prep options - including free, practice standardized tests and test prep tutors!
SAT Registration: Students may register online at http://www.collegeboard.org. The test center number for SHHS is 39-700. The code number for Strath Haven High School is 395-015.
ACT Registration: You may register online at http://www.actstudent.org. The test center code for SHHS is 216670. The high school code for SHHS is 395-015.